NPQs - National Professional Qualifications
National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) are trusted, transferable qualifications accredited by the Department for Education. They are designed to help teachers hone and develop the skills they already have, helping them become a more effective leader inside and outside the classroom and to facilitate excellence across a range of contexts. We are committed to ensuring that NPQs continue to offer the best possible support to teachers and leaders wanting to expand their knowledge and skills. We are excited to be delivering the new reformed suite of NPQs from September 2021. The three existing NPQs in Senior Leadership, Headship and Executive Leadership have been refreshed, ensuring that they are underpinned by the latest evidence of what works in schools to deliver the highest quality of education of young people. The current middle leader NPQ has been replaced with three new specialist NPQs. These specialist areas cover:
- Leading Teacher Development: supporting the training and development of others, including early career teachers
- Leading Teaching: developing teachers who are subject leads or responsible for improving teaching practice in a subject or phase
- Leading Behaviour and Culture: developing teachers who have responsibilities for leading behaviour and culture.
NPQs are currently available in the following areas:
- National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML)
- National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
- National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
- National Professional Qualification for Executive Leadership (NPQEL)
To register your interest for one of the new NPQs please click the link below and we will be in touch to provide further details and discuss next steps.