Target audience: Y6 teachers
Course leader: Alison Bailey, Pathfinder consultant trainer
This day course will cover all aspects of statutory assessment at Y6, including a particular focus on:
- Preparation for the statutory tests for reading, mathematics and grammar, punctuation and spelling – preparing pupils to perform to their abilities, and staff involved in administration.
- Assessment and moderation of teacher assessment of writing, and science against the 2020-21 frameworks.
- Ways to structure the remainder of the year to ensure that pupils are prepared for the tests and evidence can be gathered for teacher assessment within a coherent, engaging curriculum.
Delegates should bring with them:
- copies of the 2020-21 statutory assessment requirements
- the evidence underpinning their teacher assessments for three children in writing (HA, MA, LA)