- Professional Learning
- Full Programme Courses
- Secondary Newly/Recently Qualified Teacher Programme 2019/20
Secondary Newly/Recently Qualified Teacher Programme 2019/20
A programme for newly/recently qualified teachers who are looking to develop their skills and become outstanding teachers. The programme is a city wide collaboration between the Pathfinder Teaching School Alliance and City of York Council.
The outlined sessions have been devised in line with the DfE's new Early Career Framework which aims to support Early Career Teachers in five key areas:
- Professional Behaviours
The programme will help Early Career Teachers to:
- Develop confidence in their teaching and understand the support that is available to them.
- Get the best out of the year for themselves and the pupils they teach.
- Understand the different facets required to really understand the profession.
- Make evidence informed decisions about taking their practice forward.
What the programme involves:
- A welcome event for Newly Qualified Teachers and Mentors (free for all NQTs registered with CYC).
- Three twilight sessions.
- A full day session covering two modules on 6 January 2020.
- Support from a professional network of Early Career Teachers across the city.
12th September 2019/
18th September 2019
|Induction for Mentors/Tutors *||24th September 2019||4-5.00pm|
|Behaviour||26th September 2019
|Professional Behaviours||12th November 2019||4.30-6.30pm|
|Instruction / Curriculum||6th January 2020||9.30am-4.30pm|
|Assessment||3rd March 2020||4.30-6.30pm|
* Mentor/Tutor sessions to be booked separately
Download the full course flyer here: Secondary-NQT-RQT-Programme-2019-20.pdf