Primary NQT Programme 2019/20
This programme is for newly qualified teachers who are looking to develop their skills and become outstanding teachers. The programme is a citywide collaboration between the Pathfinder Teaching School Alliance and City of York Council.
The outlined sessions have been devised in line with the DfE's new Early Career Framework which aims to support Early Career teachers in five key areas:
- Professional Behaviours
The programme will help NQTs to:
- Develop confidence in their teaching and understand the support that is available to them.
- Get the best out of the year for themselves and the pupils they teach.
- Understand the different facets required to really understand the profession.
- Make evidence informed decisions about taking their practice forward.
What the programme involves:
- A welcome event for Newly Qualified Teachers and Mentors (free for all NQTs registered with CYC).
- Three full day sessions, two of which include an hour working with mentors.
- A twilight on performance management
12th September 2019/
18th September 2019
|Professional behaviours / Behaviour||27th September 2019||9am-4pm|
|Instruction / Curriculum||15th January 2020||9am-5pm|
|Resonant teaching / Assessment||23rd April 2020||9am-5pm|
|Performance management||21st May 2020||4-5.30pm|
Download the full course flyer here: Primary-NQT-Programme-2019-20.pdf