- Professional & Leadership Development
- Course Outlines
- Primary Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) Programme 2020-2021
Primary Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) Programme 2020-2021
|Welcome Event||14th, 15th & 16th September 2020||4.00-5.00pm|
|Induction for Mentors/Tutors *||22nd September 2020||4.00-5.00pm|
|Professional Behaviours / Behaviour||6th November 2020||9.00am-4.00pm|
|Instruction / Curriculum||20th January 2021||9.00am-4.00pm|
|Assessment||21st April 2021||9.00am-4.00pm|
|Performance Management||20th May 2021||4.00-5.30pm|
* Mentor/Tutor sessions to be booked separately above
This programme is for Newly Qualified Teachers who are looking to develop their skills and become outstanding teachers. The programme is a well-established and highly rated city-wide collaboration between the Pathfinder Teaching School Alliance and City of York Council.
This year, with the final term of their initial teacher training having been disrupted for many trainees due to the school closures in response to the pandemic, it is more important than ever that they continue their training into their NQT year and beyond to ensure they have a strong grounding in key aspects of their role that enable them to develop as effective and confident teachers.
The sessions in this programme have been devised in line with the DfE’s Early Career Framework which aims to support Early Career teachers in five key areas:
- Professional Behaviours
- Instruction and Pedagogy
This programme will help NQTs to:
- Develop confidence in their teaching and understand the support that is available to them;
- Get the best out of the year for themselves and the pupils they teach;
- Explore the different key aspects of teaching in greater depth, so they have a broader understanding and deeper insight into what this exciting profession involves, as well as what is expected of teachers throughout their career;
- Make informed decisions, based on evidence, to help them develop and improve their teaching practice as they progress;
- Share experiences and develop professional networks with colleagues from other schools.
What the programme involves:
- A welcome event for Newly Qualified Teachers and Mentors (free for all NQTs registered with CYC).
- Three full day sessions at Pathfinder TSA (or by Zoom if necessary).
- A twilight on performance management